Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pretty in Pink




Well... I have FINALLY got one room in my home the exact way I want it. It took 7 months, but I am VERY HAPPY with it! In fact, "Prissy" has been at my parents spending the weekend, and I keep just walking in her room to just take it all in!!

When we moved it, it was a VERY blank slate. We believe from some of the nail holes and closet fixtures, that the previous people who lived here used this room as an office. The walls were a cream color, and there were vertical blinds on the windows (YUCK!)

I new I wanted a very girlie look, and her only request is that it be pink. That for me was a very tough decision!! I had NO CLUE there were so many shades of pink?!?! We settled on one, and the man that was mixing the paint at a local store made me question my decision... as he questioned it! He wondered if my husband knew what I was doing? I kindly told him, "YES! Please, just mix the paint!"

Once I had the color on the wall, things just kind of came together. The curtains were on clearance at Lowe's, I had one of the prints for a while, I used old plates with pinks and greens on them, and finally got a plain wooden shelf at Hobby Lobby and white washed it. I am VERY pleased with it! I hope that you will enjoy it as well!
I am joining in on the Met. Monday party at Between Naps on the Porch.

Thanks For Viewing!!!
Leanne

1 comment:

  1. Too cute. Besides both of us sharing the same great name, we must share similar likes too. My little girl's bedroom at our old house was pink with green accents and I am planning on using the same colors at our home we are currently building.

    ReplyDelete