Monday, October 12, 2009

I LOVE Rainy Fall Days!!!

It has rained ALL day here! I LOVE days like this....yes dreary, but I get a LOT done! So far I have went through left over clothes from a consignment sale I participated in, and got them ready to ether be listed on ebay, or taken to a shoppe. I have taken pictures of all the stuff to list on ebay, Listed on craigslist, and baked a little. The baking has to be my favorite!! Though all the purging of stuff I have been doing lately feels VERY good!


The princess and I went in the grocery store on our way from an outing Saturday morning. Right as we walked in the door was a buggy FULL of bags of bananas too ripe to sale at full price. My brain started whirling, and I decided to get some!!! I got about 15+ bananas for $1.49!! I fed some to the kids, and today decided that I would make banana bread using Paula Deen's recipe for it. I quadurpled the recipe to make 4 loaves! I am going to share a loaf with my oldest son's teachers, take one to hubby's work in a bit, send 1/2 a loaf with the oldest for he and his friends to share at lunch tomorrow. (You know... those poor boys don't EVER get to eat!) Then keep the rest.... in fact, my 3 boys have already eat 1/2 a loaf.... well, MAYBE I had a piece, as well! If you would like the recipe it is below! I hope everyone has had a great day, I am getting ready to grill chicken, roast veggies, and steam some quoina for dinner. (the grilling done INDOORS!!)

Banana Bread

1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, at room temp.
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed (I put in a ziploc and let the kids help!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; mix well. Add the salt, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and bananas, and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Hasn't it been a lovely, rainy, relaxing kind of day? I organized my girls closet, did some laundry, baked cookies and took a nap ;~D
    Thanks for sharing the banana bread recipe. I've got one that uses whole wheat flour and it's great but I also wanted one that just used all-purpose flour. You know you can' go wrong with Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JULIE... I LOVE Paula! One word... BUTTER!!! :)
    I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, my daughters class is going to the pumpkin patch, but if it rains... they can't! :(

    ReplyDelete